Monday, July 16, 2012

Families & Fireworks

July 4th (Independence Day to us crazy Americans) was okay this year. Gus and Mickey came over, and so did Aunt Kathy, Ray, and Bethany. We had barbecue and set off fireworks.









However, in the midst of all the sparkler action, Aunt Kathy and Ray got into an EPIC fight. I'm pretty sure it started over a bag of potato chips. Before long, they were screaming at each other and using some pretty nasty language! Mickey started howling and Emmy started crying and my dad finally had to go tell them to take it somewhere else. As in, leave. 


So they did. Ray drove off in their car and Aunt Kathy went inside and locked herself in the bathroom. Which I guess technically isn't leaving, but at least the fighting was over. Later, Aunt Kathy told my parents she was going to go check herself in to a spa for a few days. Then she left, too.

 Bethany stayed the night with us. We had a slumber party in my room -- her, me, and Caitlin -- and after Caitlin fell asleep Bethany told me not to worry about what happened, because Ray and Kathy fight all the time. I feel so bad for Bethany. I think I'll ask my parents if she can stay with us more often this summer. She really has grown up into a cool person. I remember when she was a little kid and she came to stay with us and she was SO ANNOYING. 

Well, she still can be, sometimes, but she's way better than she used to be.

Anyway, that was our holiday, and I'll keep you all posted on the continuing saga of terror that IS Kathy and Ray. (As if anybody cares!)

No comments:

Post a Comment